Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Singing in Unison

It's midnight and I've been trying to sleep for about an hour. This baby is so low now that he is reeking havoc on all the nerves in my legs.

In 5 short hours I will be up, fixing my hair, putting on make-up, and driving to the hospital. It has been a long pregnancy, but despite all my complaining I haven't had any REAL complications. Not to mention getting to plan and schedule the day of delivery. I got to spend today with Nathan knowing that tomorrow our lives will be changed forever. We snuggled in his bed for a long time this morning, enjoyed blueberry waffles for breakfast, watched a little Sponge bob, and bought a gift for Nathan to give to Zachary. He got to finish the day playing with daddy. Then both Eric and I read him his bedtime stories, and told him what to expect tomorrow. If you had been listening outside his bedroom door around 8:00pm you would have heard all three of us singing "The Star Spangled Banner" in unison. Eric and I laughed and laughed. What a truly perfect end to our last day as a family of 3.

I greatly appreciate all my friends and family and all their words of wisdom and encouragement. I know I've been a bit of a handful at times and am so glad to be at the end of this part of the adventure. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you all had a good day! Praying for a safe and quick delivery--we're heading out this afternoon to go camping and I don't want to be wondering all weekend! ; )

Angie said...

what a lovely way to end the day- over the land of the free and the home of the brave