Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mishka


Over the last few days I've been trying to spend extra quiet time with Nathan.  He loves to read books, play dress-up, and play make believe around the house.  Yesterday, he started playing exterminator walking around the house with goggles on and a water hose sprayer looking for bugs to exterminate.  He says his name is Jonathan(the name of the bug guy who came 3 months ago).  Today, he and Eric played Howler Monkey running around the house.  At one point he walked up to the TV to get the "first batch of TV bananas" to eat.  Then he offered both Eric and I some delicious TV bananas.  This evening after we discovered a little green caterpillar in the yard he started pretending he was a caterpillar walking through the leaves.  Suddenly, he jumped up and starting flying through the yard.  I asked what he was doing and he said "I changed into a beautiful butterfly named Mishka."  He ran and ran through the yard flapping his arms.  Despite my constant discomfort and stabbing pain in my thighs I sat in complete awe.  The pure joy on his face each time he comes up with a new character to become.  We spent the remainder of the evening practicing writing his name, which he can do surprisingly well, and playing Zoominos and Memory.  Quiet time has been really healing for me!  

3 comments:

Carrie said...

It's amazing how much we can learn from our little angels. I'm so glad we are able to sit and enjoy these precious moments.

Angie said...

I love this- he is absolutely delightful!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

What a great post, what great parents you are! I can't believe he can already write his name, that's amazing! I love the Mishka story, that is cute, kids are so fun!