Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Getting Bigger!



About a month ago, Nathan decided he wanted to take the side off of his crib. He has always been such a great sleeper that I was hesitant. I was afraid that my little boy who stays in bed and sleeps through the night would start waking and coming to find me. Surprisingly, he didn't get out of bed one time. Even in the morning he patiently waits for me to come get him out of bed.

Then a few weeks ago the upstairs AC went out and Eric put Nathan to bed in the queen sized bed in the basement. I was really reluctant. Huge bed, strange room, but Nathan went right to sleep and once again slept until he heard daddy's alarm clock at 5:45am. But we were able to carry him up to his room and he went right back to sleep until his normal 8:00am wake up time. The next morning he told me he was too little for his toddler bed and need a big bed like the one in the basement.

We discussed it and decided to give in a try. He has spent the last two nights in his new full sized bed. He still goes to sleep easily, stays in bed, and sleeps through the night. This morning I got to wake him up by climbing in bed and snuggling with him. He amazes me! All the hard nights of crying when he was 5 months old have really paid off. He is truly an amazing sleeper and I'm very grateful!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

He amazes all of us. What a big boy!

Angie said...

He is such a good boy!

Mindi said...

You are so good at decorating- Nathan's room looks awesome I love the colors- I could use your help right about now.