Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Nervous Nelly!!


I had my 32 week checkup today.  I was extremely tearful due to the fact that I honestly haven't slept more that 3 hours per night for the last 2 weeks.  I was determined to convince my OB that my body is already getting ready for delivery, by telling her all the symptoms I've been feeling.  I am having lots of contractions, most of them are more than uncomfortable.  The pain in my back has now migrated down to both butt checks(sciatic pain due to weight and inflammation).  Maybe because the baby has dropped?  Tylenol, which used to give me a slight break in the discomfort, no longer has any effect.  I've never wanted Advil  so badly in my life!  I'll refrain from sharing any more details.  Several are the warning signs of premature labor that every pregnancy website shares.
My OB, whom I really like, simply smiled and nodded.  Her comments generally were "Yep, pregnancy sucks."  As long as the contractions aren't regular, 10 minutes or less apart, or increasingly painful they mean nothing.  She suggested I spend time in a pool everyday(not exactly easy to do).  She also pleasantly reminded me that I only have 8 weeks to go.  This comment almost made me come out of my skin.  On the bright side, she told me I could take Unisom to help with the sleeping issues.  I've got my fingers crossed that tonight will be filled with pleasant dreams! I just wish there was someway of knowing whether my maternal instincts are correct or I'm just a NERVOUS NELLY about the prospect of another premature delivery.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I was just thinking about you this morning! I hope you're feeling better soon and I'm glad you had a good time out! : )

Carrie said...

I am sticking to my guns, that a mommy's instincts will trump in the end.

glenda said...

I love you and will be right there with you when you need me.
Mom