Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

25 random things about me

1. My maiden name is Stoner.

2.  I always wanted two boys aged 3 years apart.

3.  I've broken my wrist, thumb, big toe, and foot (in 3 places).

4.  I played Meg in Little Women in 8th grade Drama.

5.  I can fit my entire fist in my mouth.

6.  My arms are double jointed, so I can practically twist my hand 360 degrees.

7.  Before the last month of my senior year of high school, I was planning to be a pediatrician.  I tutored a little girl that last semester that made me change my mind to teaching.  My senior ring has a medical symbol on it.

8. I like to build things, even though I've never had anyone show me how.  I've made a built-in window seat, 2 dress-up cabinets, a train table, a sofa table, a craft table (out of an old door), and a tv cabinet.

9. I had a job selling educational software for a little while after we moved to Wichita.  I really enjoyed it, but hated my boss.

10. In college I heard a girl, Julie Buskin, get abducted from the apartment next door. They just recently convicted the man that abducted her.  http://www.oksenate.gov/news/press_releases/press_releases_2009/pr20090218d.html

11. I'm pretty disappointed with the school systems in the US, public and private.  I have lofty ideas of starting my own school someday. 

12. I haven't colored my hair since 8th grade.

13.  I changed out almost every light fixture in my house.  

14.  I singled handily knocked out the kitchen back splash, including the wall, and re tiled it one week while Eric was out of town.

15.  I hated pregnancy so much that I had a tubal ligation in November, even though Eric was willing to get snipped. 

16.  I'm about 8 inches taller than my older sister.

17.  In college I took boxing lessons from a now professional boxer, Ross Puritty.  I still love boxing.

18.  I  have a yellow belt with green stripe in Tae kwon Do.  I've broken 3 planks of wood with my hands and feet.

19. Growing up I actually got grounded from the movie Splash because I watched it so much.I planned on naming my daughter Madison, before it was  cool.  

20.  In 5th grade I had a "mullet".

21.  When I was 7 or 8 I got stung by a pink jellyfish.  Wow!  That really hurts!

22.   In middle school I let my boyfriend, John Sherwood, put a dog collar and leash on me and walk me around the grocery store.  I actually barked at a few people.  

23.  I can do a really weird thing with my bottom lip.  I can't really describe it. 

24.  I got physically ill after watching the movie Kids at OU.  This is a terribly disturbing movie!  I'm extremely sensitive!

25.  I really like drawing and painting and I regret never getting any formal education.  I plan to live vicariously through my very talented niece, Alia.  She just got accepted to OU and is majoring in Art.  

 

2 comments:

Mindi said...

I must say, you have a way more interesting things to say about yourself than I did. I want to see pictures of everything you have made.

Les said...

Wow, Julie. You're one amazing chick! I think we have a few things in common... no formal art training but continually making stuff... think we can build anything. Actually, you probably can. I usually get stuck and need my husband to bail me out of a project.