Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Real Talent


I will start off saying, I'm not fishing for compliments.  I realize that I have some artistic skills.  In high school I was my art teacher's favorite student.  I was too self conscience to take classes in college or any other art school.  This I've always regretted.  Now I desperately try to fill my need to create art.  The problem is the art I do create is always a knock-off of something else I've seen.  Anytime I come up an idea of my own, it never turns out the way it looks in my head.  I have very high expectations of myself.  Anyway, I'm happy to make things or copy things for my friends.  It feels my need to create.  But I'm still sad that I don't have the ability to create original art.  My friend Angela led me to a website www.etsy.com and there are some truly talented artists selling original artwork.  You should check it out.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ok so i read your post today - then Avery just told me that he had art today & that he's not very artistic. So I told him about how I'm not either (unless drawing multiple versions of Gumby count) & so it's probably my fault. He said "that's okay I'm good at reading & math like you." You should definitely keep doing stuff, you have the talent for sure & if it makes you happy then that's double awesome girl!