Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Can't drive 35


I'm a very patient person.  Except for 2 areas of my life... myself and driving.  I'm not talking about road rage, but I do speed everywhere.  Not a lot, maybe 5 to 10 over.  I just do!  I talk to the idiot drivers all around me.  There are a higher percentage in Wichita than anywhere else!  My son is always asking me why the light can't get any greener!!  So yesterday afternoon, after Nathan finally feel asleep for a nap, we took him to Toys R Us to get a big boy bike.  He was amazing.  He just climbed on and started pedaling.  Eric was literally running through the store to keep up.  You would have thought Nathan had been riding bikes all his life.  Anyway,  after we left the store I was so inspired by Nathan's "Mad Skills" that I got a speeding ticket.  51 in a 35.  Nathan was so excited for me!  "Yeah, Mommy you got a ticket, that's great!"  We had to explain that it isn't a good thing.  So I will take my lumps and slow down for a while.  

3 comments:

Mindi said...

I got of few of those "fun" tickets myself in Wichita.

Angie said...

Tymon got one in our first five minutes in Wichita, Tommy didn't stop talking about getting to meet the policeman for months, he was also very disappointed that we didn't get to ride in the police car.

Carrie said...

I have a feeling that Owen's first experience with speeding tickets will be when he is riding in a car with Nathan and Tommy in about 12 years!