Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Dinner and a Movie

(quoting my friend Angela) Remember when...  dinner and a movie meant you got dressed up and went to dinner at your favorite restaurant.  Maybe had a margarita with dinner.  Enjoyed adult conversations and took your time.  Then went to a late movie.  It didn't matter how late you were out because it was Friday or Saturday night and you got to sleep in the next morning.  Remember!!!!  

Thursday night I started a new version of dinner and a movie...  I made Nathan dinner, then sat him down in front of the TV to watch Brother Bear 2.  I fed Zachary and put him in his bouncy chair.  And I got on the treadmill for a workout.  I got an hour of time to myself.  I felt a little guilty about Nathan sitting in front of the TV to eat, but I sure enjoyed the sweat and loud music.  
This is what dinner and a movie has come to.  A little sad, but true.  

3 comments:

Carrie said...

There is nothing sad about finding a way to make a little time for you! That is awesome that you are able to run already! Good for you!

Angie said...

I'm sure there is some social value taught by Brother Bear-and if that's the only way you get to be a grown-up for an hour than good for you, and your kids.

Sara said...

ha ha - I sometimes ban my two to the basement for an hour and have Avery "watch" Sophia for me - it's one of his "chores" ;)!! They watch Elmo & run around like crazy people.