Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Old enough?

Today, I gave Nathan a recipe for Snicker Doodles, measuring cups, ingredients and walked away.  His immediate response, "MOM! There's no way I'm old enough to cook by myself." I told him to just do his best and have fun.  He was too stressed out to enjoy himself and I immediately decided that we would do this every week.  I just ordered a William Sonoma Kid's Baking Book.  I can't eat the cookies because they are made with real flour, but Nathan reports that they are good even though they are a little crunchier than we prefer.







We also decided to make snow shoes for playing in the 14 inches of snow.  We recently watched a show about Snow Shoe Hares and got the idea.  FYI... duct tape is great at keeping moisture out, but terrible for traction.

No comments: