Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

My Village-




I'm not sure what to call this part of the village.  So I will just see what comes.  

I'm not a religious person.  I always thought there was something off about the church that tries to scare you into believing what they believe or the aspect of religion that says there is only one truth.  I really don't think we are here on Earth to conform to some limited expectation. 

I do however believe in something bigger than me.  Something that binds us all together.  Something that we exchange with each other in some way every time we encounter one another.  Something that we exchange with nature. I do believe that there is something innately good in people and part of the exchange has to do with finding that goodness.  I'm not sure what to call  all these things that I feel are true.  I do think that religion has given examples of people in history that have understood this exchange and tried to teach the rest of us.  

Like I said, I'm not sure what to call it, but I know that when I'm outside, surrounded in silence I feel really close to it.  I guess it feels spiritual.  This last week I traveled to the Northwest region and felt closer to this energy exchange than I have ever felt.  It was almost like I could feel the pulse of the Earth and the spirit of the trees.  Maybe I could almost see the soul of the ocean as the sunlight beamed on its ripples.  

The people there must also feel closer to it because they are truly mindful of nature.  They are organic and clean and easy somehow.  I felt like I belonged.  

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I knew you would love it there. I'm glad you got to experience it first hand.