Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Alia






A couple of weeks ago I went home to go to my niece Alia's high school graduation.  Amazing!  I was surprisingly touched while I was sitting there in the stands trying to find her in the group of 1000 kids.  

I have always thought that Alia and I were kindred spirits.  When she was younger I felt really close to her.  I think we share a certain something that I am finding difficult to describe in words now.  Anyway, she has hit a few rough patches along the way, but now she is getting ready for the next chapter in her life.  She will be attending OU in the fall and has already been accepted to the art school.  I'm so jealous!  We are going home this weekend to celebrate her accomplishment and share in her optimism for the future.  

Congratulations class of 2009!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yeah, Alia! May your dreams only be limited by your imagination.

Sara said...

Tell her I said hello & congrats & how truly beautiful & gifted she is, although it's not terribly likely she remembers me! :)