Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

My village- MY BOYS


Nathan-
Nathan brings humor, imagination, and patience to my village. He taught me patience in the very beginning when he decided to arrive 6 weeks early.  I was challenged every day to be patient in knowing that he would get strong and healthy enough to come home.  At almost 4 he finds ways to help me practice patience everyday.  Mostly I end up laughing at the situation. His humor is my kind of humor.  His silly little jokes or how he knows the exact right time to wag his bottom in my face.  Listening outside the bathroom door while he is in the tub is always good for a few chuckles.  He memorizes almost everything he hears and seems to repeat the most obscure line from a show or advertisement or book at the oddest times.  One morning when I went to get him out of bed his first words were, "You're not to smalls to be my meatballs."  Funny!  and his imagination... for Nathan nothing is what it seems.  He makes up new words daily and then uses them in context.  He can see something interesting in almost anything he looks at.  I can remember being this way as a child and it makes me happy that he has such a great imagination.  

Zachary- 
Zachary is a little bundle of surprise.  He gives me peace and hope.  My pregnancy and some of the circumstances surrounding it were miserable.  I was quite sure that Zachary was going to be a hellion.  I seriously didn't sleep from May to August and my whole body hurt.  I cried daily wondering what the heck I had done.  But on August 29th everything changed.  Zachary is a perfectly peaceful little guy.  So content all the time.  I was very sure that I had made a huge mistake in having a second child, but now I am so happy that I did.  Every time I see him smile I am reminded that things don't always turn out the way we planned, but often they turn out better.  He gives me hope that things always get better.  And that the hardest times and challenges in life bring about the most rewarding, beautiful outcomes.  

I learn so much from these precious boys! 

1 comment:

Angie said...

I ADORE your boys. They are delightful. They must get it from their mother. Love this series.