Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Village- Daddy


Yesterday was my 33rd birthday.  I had misplaced my cell phone for a little while in the morning, but when I found it I had 3 happy birthday messages.  The first two were very nice, but the third was my daddy.  My daddy singing happy birthday from start to finish.  He has done this for every birthday I can remember, and it still catches me off guard.  Incidentally, he has also sang to Nathan for every birthday.  My daddy is the one person on the planet that makes me feel truly loved and lovable.  It is so important to feel like you are lovable.  Despite all your short comings and mistakes, you are still worthy and deserving of love.  This is what my dad has always done for me.  His love has always been unconditional.  He is a quiet man and he never seems to get too worried about anything.  But I love the way he looks at me and my sister and all five of our beautiful children.  I will always be a daddy's girl and my dad will always be my greatest symbol of love. 

2 comments:

Jen said...

How sweet! Dads are the best, aren't they?

Carrie said...

I totally agree! Dads have a way of getting you to see the way you look through their eyes. I love watching Jake and Allie in their budding relationship.