Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

About the title...


I chose the title "Cultivate Gratitude" to remind myself to be grateful for the things I have in my life. That is easy to say, but sometimes difficult to remember. I'm reading a new book, "Real Love in Marriage." I've basically devoured it. It is very good. The author talks about gratitude in a way that really makes me think. He writes...


"When you choose to be grateful, you immediately feel more loved. When you're grateful, you appreciate everything you receive as a gift. You don't keep score. You don't have expectations. You don't cling for more time and attention."

3 comments:

Angie said...

love this attitude

jolyn said...

Holly loves this quote from a children's song, "A grateful heart is a happy heart." I need that reminder frequently!

Carrie said...

It's amazing how a little positive thinking will go a long way.