Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pregnancy


I have a few girl friends who claim to enjoy being pregnant. Although 2 of my closest ones agree that it isn't much fun at all. I'm going out on a limb to say "It sucks!" With Nathan I was sick from week 7 to 13 and then started having terrible back pain(thus not sleeping) around month 4. Then of course he decided to come into the world with a surprise BANG! Not to mention the hugeness of my thighs, bottom, arms, face, pretty much everything except my belly. After his early arrival I got to visit him in the hospital for 17 days.


Now of course, he is almost 3 years old. 40 inches tall weighing in at 33lbs, a smart, charming, little peace keeper. Despite all the early difficulty, I wouldn't change a thing.


Pregnancy number 2 is proving to be just as much fun. This time I was sick from week 7 to 17 and have already have some possible preterm delivery issue. Everything checks out okay, but I'm under the watchful eye of my OB. My back already hurts and I have restless legs every night that prevent me from sleeping much more that 4 or 5 hours. One major difference is the size of my belly. This time it is huge. Although I think that is better than the huge thighs, bottom, arms, and face. But I must remember that I'm only 24 weeks and the hugeness is probably lurking around the corner.


In case you didn't already know we are expecting another boy, Zachary David, and I'm due the 3rd of Sept. I actually think I'm mentally prepared for the new baby at home stuff that I wasn't prepared for with Nathan. I just want to make it through the pregnancy with my sanity.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so going to send you a picture of me from when I was pregnant, it pretty much makes everyone feel better about how they look :). I'm with you all the way hon, pregnancy sucks! I'm sending you lots of love & good wishes.
Happy Mother's Day beautiful Momma!

Mindi said...

Yeah! and update! I was wondering how things were going. I hope things go better with this delivery!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Julie,
I remember being pregnant at the same time as you. I also recall my belly being enormous and you barely had a bump. It's nice to see your belly this time around! You look great! There are amazing things about pregancy, like feeling the baby move, but all in all, it's not an easy 9 months. You're such a great Mother, just be brave and hang in there. We enjoy browsing your blog.

Angie said...

So sorry it sucks- I can't wait until we can run together either.