Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

All I want for Christmas!


2 Aprils ago Nathan fell off a tricycle at Target and chipped his front tooth. We went ahead and capped it and did nerve treatments on it and the one next to it. The treatments were good and the dentist felt that the teeth would be saved.

Literally, 30 minutes after receiving the final bill from the dentist, 6 months later, Nathan bonked heads with his buddy Owen and knocked the two teeth back. The nerve treatment looked okay, but the dentist was hesitant to say the teeth would be okay.

2 weeks ago, on my birthday, Nathan and Owen were playing in the hammock and Nathan got flipped out. Of course, he hit his teeth on the ground. There was some blood, but he quickly recovered and I didn't call the dentist. I figured there was no point!

Yesterday, when wiping chap stick off Nathan's front teeth I found out that the right one is completely loose. Just wiggling all over the place. We saw the dentist today. Apparently the roots on both front teeth are disintegrating. Dr. says they have 6 months max before they fall out.

Eric and I are very sad! I'm worried about Nathan's speech and self image. I think we will talk to a pediatric orthodontist and see if this will be a problem. I took a picture this evening of Nathan's cheesiest grin. You can easily see the color difference in the front teeth. Please don't make fun of my toothless son! Permanent teeth don't start coming in until 7 years old.

3 comments:

Jen said...

My cousin's daughter is just about the same age as Nathan and she has already managed to knock her front teeth out--she's cute!! I'll see if I have the pics to email you. I bet it will just make him look cute and ornery. ; )

Mindi said...

Ah, boys like to show off their battle wounds.-

Angie said...

It will be adorable, he is adorable no matter what you do to him. Give Tommy a year or two, I am sure he will do something permanent.