Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Headed out to Boston...))



About 2 years ago, my friend Carrie and I decided to start a training program together. We soon referred to it as Pain Train. Many other friends came for a little while, but in the end it was just the two of us that continued. The changes we've seen in our bodies are amazing. I think we would both state that we are in the best shape of our lives, even after 2 children a piece.

Sometime earlier this year, Carrie convinced me to start running. We added a few days a week of running together to our training schedule. It's just the right combination of competition, encouragement, laughter, and friendship.

Unfortunately, Carrie moved to Boston on Monday. She will be gone for 10+ months. So my devoted training partner is gone. Needless to say, I'm a little concerned about my resolve. If you know Carrie, you know that she never cancels. So I was always held accountable.

However, I devised a plan so we can still train together in spirit. I'm running to Boston and she is running home (figuratively, of course). We printed off the travel route from Wichita to Boston. It's like 1600 miles. Which equals 800 miles a piece. This averages out to 16-20 miles per week for 10 months. We will communicate frequently about where we are on the trip. Who-Ra!!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

10 months is going to fly! Once my life gets some what on track, I'll start running home. :) I love you and miss you a bunch.

Angie said...

How fun! Can I come?

Lauri Moreno said...

That is an awesome idea!!!