Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

traffic court, pig flu, and waffles


I had to go to court this morning for my "speeding ticket, no proof of insurance, wrong address on license" thing.  I'm so proud of myself.  Any who, I neglected to find proof of insurance until last night so I had to frantically wait for a fax this morning at the courthouse.  It all worked out fine.  They gave me 6 months of diversion.  No tickets for 6 months and this one is dismissed.

  As I was sitting there I had a thought of the pig flu.  Something like, "There are lots of people in here.  I wonder how often they disinfect the court room.  Humm.  I need to go wash my hands."  This is no reflection of the people there.  There were all different kinds.  Just a comment on how many people where there.  Also at one point I actually over heard a guy tell his buddy that I looked like a stuck up bitch.  Nice!  I'm not sure what it was about me.  Perhaps he could read my mind and thought the pig flu comment was a bit snarky.  I was a little offended.  I didn't automatically assume he was a dirty drunk asshole.  Of course, I quickly made that decision after I overheard his comment.  And I made sure I smiled really big at the guy.  

After I picked up the boys from a friend's house I decided to celebrate by making a special lunch for Nathan.  I watched him eat every bite and pretended it was me.  I'm not sure waffles, syrup, berries, and whip cream qualify as a nutritious meal, even if you make a volcano out of it.  I'm feeling like a super-duper person and mother!  

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You are awesome! You should being feeling like an amazing mommy right now. And that dude was just jealous that he could never land a "hottie" like you!!!

Angie said...

'cause you are!