Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Guilt


So Zachary is a sweet sweet baby, but has recently starting biting down hard while nursing.  I think he may be teething already, but it hurts really bad.  This is just another notch in the "Wish doctors still thought formula was better than breast milk" thoughts in my head.  I secretly wish that an act of god would dry me up so I wouldn't feel guilty about wanting to ween.  I was thinking about the whole thing a bunch last night after I realized my breasts were as sore as they were in the beginning (due to the biting).  

Today, we are stuck inside waiting on the auto windshield guy, watching Back to the Barnyard.  The animals are having a disco dance party in the barn and the cow says, "Come on guys.  The shaking don't stop until there is butter in the utters!"  After laughing out loud for several minutes, it brought the whole breast feeding topic back up.  I guess I will just suck it up and wish for a Christmas miracle.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh honey - it all depends on the baby! I pumped for Avery till he was nine months old (wouldn't breast feed after the eight weeks in the hospital). Soph only got breast fed for about three weeks - she wouldn't cooperate no matter what I did & she & I had a long talk the day she bit me so hard I cried. She was on formula after that (about 3 weeks) & I refuse to feel bad about it as she is beautiful & healthy & fine & loved that bottle from the start!

Angie said...

He will be fine- quit worrying about it! Plus then you get your self back just a little bit more. Promise- he will never know the difference.