Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Art Class


I had my first art class today. I almost hyperventilated while I was waiting for it to start watching all the other students enter the room. Today, the instructor wanted to get a feel of where we were all at so he gave us a black watercolor paint and a paintbrush. Then he handed over a black and white photo he selected out of a book. Go!

During the break I had to take a moment in the restroom to remind myself not to look at anyone else's artwork.

It was fun! And as long as I keep my eyes on my own paper I think I can remain calm and breath.

Julie

PS This is a picture of my first piece.

3 comments:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

I'm sure the teacher was blown away by your talent. I've always thought it would be exciting to go back to school, or take a class for fun. Good for you for taking the next step. Your etsy store is great, you have some cute pieces.

Carrie said...

You are going to LOVE that class. I can't wait to see all your pieces you make while taking the class.

Tad said...

Hey, I randomly stumbled onto your blog while looking for stuff for my art class and I just wanted to say that you have some pretty awesome stuff.

-Tad