Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

flying to Earth


It's official! I made my first custom Halloween costume.

About a month ago, Nathan and I were discussing the brightly colored Fall trees on the way home from preschool. I said we need to start thinking about what you want to be for Halloween. He quickly replied that he wanted to be a snowflake because he was ready for snow. I said okay. I asked again several times over the next week or so and the answer was always the same. So I got creative.

We went to the fabric store and Nathan picked out fluffy white fabric. I dug my sewing machine out and I started my trial and error. A couple weeks later we made a family trip to the Halloween store to find costumes for Mom and Dad. We found the coolest aviator goggles. We decided to incorporate them into the snowflake costume. The design continued to evolve. Now it is complete with an aviator hat and scarf. Nathan is a snowflake flying to Earth. I think it is the best costume ever!!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I agree!

Brenda said...

Way to go Julie!! Very impressive! You know, now you'll have to figure out how to out-do yourself every year.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Very cute and creative! I've never seen a snowflake costume, but after seeing Nathan, everyone will want one! Great job sewing, you are very talented.

The Stoner Family said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!