Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Once a teacher...


Teachers of small children all know the power of the stamp. Kids loves stamps and stickers! I also know that kids love and need order and schedules. They want to know what to expect in a day and they what to know what is expected of them. The other thing smaller children really like is the feeling that they are capable and needed. If you combine these things, and you're a former teacher, you spend about an hour coming up with a behavior chart complete with picture icons.

Wow! This is the start of our second week with a behavior chart and Nathan loves it! I am once again amazed by the power of the stamp.

Note: He must earn the stamp. That PM listener is a particularly hard stamp to get. I will say that he has got it the last 2 days in a row.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE IT!!! I am so proud of him earning that elusive PM listening stamp. "Good Job, Nathan!"

Angie said...

Seriously-it is AMAZING what they will do for a star sticker.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

I've been needing to make a chore chart, I'm getting tired of cleaning up after everyone. This is a great chart, I'll have to copy your idea. You're such a great Mom, your boys are lucky to have you.