Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Against Medical Advice


Since I'm only 16 weeks pregnant, my OB won't schedule my diagnostic ultrasound until somewhere between 20-22 weeks. Well, I can't wait that long. I've felt terrible for 9 weeks now and honestly very apathetic about this whole pregnancy thing. Constant guilt over what a lazy mother I've become. (I used to be a bunch of fun!) Sadness over the miserable companion I've become to my DH. So what's a girl to do... call the local BabyWaves and schedule her own ultrasound.

I scheduled it last week and have been anxiously awaiting Thursday's appt. Today, being the good patient that I am, I called to get the permission slip from my OB, and was sadly denied! Something about babywaves finding problems before my doctor????

My heroic husband paged my OB who after some confusion offered to up my diagnostic ultrasound to week 17. Of course the first thing that went through my mind was, "Oh, I'll be forever flagged as a pain in the butt patient." So I called the Babywaves to discover that they will go ahead with the ultrasound even without my doctor's permission. Which is how it should be since I'm paying for it!!!

So Against Medical Advice (sort of) I will be getting a much anticipated ultrasound this Thursday at 2:00. Of course they are all quick to point out that they might not be able to distinquish the baby's sex. I'm sure I'll have a blog for that!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hope it goes great! I know that the next time around I am going to miss all the free, easy-access ultrasounds. Oh, well. I guess it's worth it to be done with residency!